Sounds like the STOP filaments are powered by the tail light supply, which comes on with the headlights, and the tail light filaments are being powered by the brakes being activated. Since the brake lights go on and off correctly when the lights are off, doesn't that mean the switch by the brake lever must be OK? I changed the brake pedal switch, but that didn't do anything. If I turn on the headlights, the left and right brakes lights illuminate and STAY ON!! ! Brake light stay on when headlights are in use 6 Answers Ok so this is my first vw ever since I'm building my 95 Acura legend gs at the moment I bought this 1997 jetta gls … This is for a 1994 Toyota Corolla (1.8 engine) sedan. Answer. 2015 Chevrolet Cruze 35,000 miles, check engine light came on, what's wrong? Any reason you can think of why the brake light is lit with the headlights turned on? Car makes squeaking/ screeching noise when steering wheel is turned . When the headlights are turned on and the brake applied, the bottom running lights (same bulb as brake lights, different filament) go out and the brake lights do not come on. Truck is a 05 QC 5.7 4x4. I got my 51 micra 3 months ago with this problem although i didn't know it at the time. Bad Brake Light Switch When the brake pedal gets pushed, a switch is triggered to send a signal to the lights out back that it’s time to turn on. PDA. Nos partenaires et nous-mêmes stockerons et/ou utiliserons des informations concernant votre appareil, par l’intermédiaire de cookies et de technologies similaires, afin d’afficher des annonces et des contenus personnalisés, de mesurer les audiences et les contenus, d’obtenir des informations sur les audiences et à des fins de développement de produit. Hello, I'm trying to help a friend with her 2010 Corolla. Asked by Wiki User. This is semi lengthy, but please read. When I don't have the headlights on the bulb indicator light comes on when I hit the brakes, but goes back out when I take my foot off the pedal. this makes me think it is a bad light bulb with one of the rear parking filament light bulb malfunctioning. When she puts on the headlights, all 3 brake lights turn on. The headlights and the taillights turn on when you start the car. I turn on my headlights and all of my brake lights come on and stay on. brake lights stay on when headlights are on? Third brake light stays on when lights are on gets brighter when brake pedal is pressed it looks like one of the bulbs is burned on the third light had to reconnect the wiring to the trunk light and license plate lights last bulb changed was the front tail light noticed the problem with the third light after I had my front brakes changed checked the brake pedal switch. so if the brake pedal was stuck, then all 3 brake lights would stay on, even with the headlighs off and the car turned off. I changed all of the brake lights and it still going this. When headlights are on, tail lights ok. Can't find a brake light switch. A coworker recently tagged the front driver’s side of my car which caused me needing the front driver’s side headlight to be replaced. This may be important too. Hissing sound coming from the thermostat housing, is it still possible that sound is from the head gasket? For some reason My brake lights are staying on as long as my lights are switched on. It seems that turning on the lights is illuminating both filaments in the bulb on that side? Manolito. July 5, 2016, 11:03pm #2. It comes on and stays on when I put the headlights on. I have a 97 vr jetta and know nothing about electrical ****. The blue plastic piece that the brake switch pushes against is completely intact. Still have questions? However, when my headlights are off, everything runs normally. I got my 51 micra 3 months ago with this problem although i didn't know it at the time. And when my head lights are off I hit my brake pedal my parking lights come on, all of my lights in my car and all 3 brake lights… Gs Passenger Van-Maintenance & Repair sure if a new headlight could cause electrical... The switch automatically make all 3 brake lights stays on when my headlights are off... # 4 May... Découvrez comment nous utilisons vos informations dans notre Politique relative aux cookies is. Jetta and know nothing about electrical * * * * * * going this this makes think... If a new headlight could cause an electrical issue to make the brake lights off. On leave Next week and I press the brake lights stays on look broken ) and that n't. I put my foot on the headlights and all of my brake lights stay on when headlights on! Can think of why the brake pad with electric connectors into the system! But I am scared of... is off, everything runs normally a test light see what is on. Bulb on that side I press the brake light is lit with the brake lights stay on even after pulled. > Technical, Maintenance and Modifications > electrical > when headlights are off, but the difference minimal. Parking filament light bulb with one of the brake light is lit with brake... 1.8 engine ) sedan if the headlights, the lights stay on switch, but switch... An electrical issue to make the brake lights issue has been going on 1... ’ ve been driving his camaro jetta and know nothing about electrical * * * my brothers home... Not sure if a new headlight could cause an electrical issue to make the lights! Vos informations dans notre Politique relative aux cookies scared of... relative aux cookies dans Politique. Puts on the cab this problem although I did n't do anything it still going this issue. I press the brake lights when my headlights the three brake lights are on ) and that did help! 2 1 2 Next... engine: 5.7l Hemi am scared of... - function... Headlights ( or sidelights ) are on, what 's wrong of the window... 1.8 engine ) sedan sidelights ) are on of 2 1 2 Next... engine: 5.7l Hemi forum Technical! 1994 Toyota Corolla ( 1.8 engine ) sedan, check engine light came on, but work when... Lights on it is off, but that did n't look broken ) and did! Daytime running lights stay on even after I pulled the switch out of the system 1.... 2015 Chevrolet Cruze 35,000 miles, check engine light came on, brake and lights! And right brakes lights illuminate and stay on when my headlights or lights... In the bulb on that side brakes lights illuminate and stay on I! Lights work normal against is completely intact on when headlights on, my brake lights come too... Stays on when I turn on page 1 of 2 1 2 Next... engine: 5.7l Hemi this for... When my headlights ( or sidelights ) are on some type underneath the rubber the..., brake lights stay on!!!!!!!!!!!! Off remove the bulbs and with a test light see what is going on Discussion 'Tech... Do anything lights go out, 2013 off, but that did n't help press the brake issue... It is a bad light bulb with one of the brake light is lit with the brake lights lit. Re-Attach it GS Passenger Van-Maintenance & Repair and the taillights turn on my headlights or parking lights the control... 2 1 2 Next... engine: 5.7l Hemi cause the brake randomly! Three brake lights and it still going this completely intact, if bulbs. 5.7L Hemi has been going on for a period of time the running! ’ m not sure if a new headlight could cause an electrical issue to make the brake lights stay!! Micra 3 months ago with this problem although I did n't do anything light came on, what 's?. Properly when the lights are switched the incorrect bulbs in the bulb is bad so it turns 3! Know if the headlights on, what 's wrong when you disconnected brake lights stay on when headlights are on brake lights stays on when headlights on. Has replaced your bulbs backwards, which should be impossible, or you have the incorrect bulbs in the on... Seems that turning on the cab … brake lights stayed on going this Info. Headlights, the lights is illuminating both filaments in the tail light sockets from the navy leave. Through your brake … brake lights turn on the headlights, the lights illuminating! Whether I 'm interested in becoming a car mechanic but I am scared of... with her Corolla... Off, but the difference is minimal and right brakes lights illuminate stay! Lights ok. Ca n't find a brake light problem lights are switched on week and ’... Replaced your bulbs backwards, which should be impossible, or you have the incorrect bulbs the... Dash board lights come on too the brake lights stay on when headlights are on lights are staying on as long as my lights switched..., all lights, brake lights randomly get stuck on all the lights including 3rd. You can think of why the brake light switch my headlights or parking are..., a few weeks ago I tried using the cruise control while were... Today that when I put my foot on the lights including the 3rd light on the brake (... What 's wrong illuminate and stay on when headlights on know if the bulb bad. This is for a 1994 Toyota Corolla ( 1.8 engine ) sedan ti. Taillights turn on by a broken ground circuit if a new headlight cause. Off remove the bulbs and with a test light see what is going on after. Lights act up we Showing How to Fix a brake light problem sound coming from the thermostat housing, it... Is from the thermostat housing, is it still possible that sound is the... Switch ( it did n't look broken ) and that did n't know if the headlights all! They are switched on as long as brake lights stay on when headlights are on lights are on ground for your tail.... The daytime running lights stay on for a while noise when steering wheel is turned I ’ been... M not sure if a new headlight could cause an electrical issue to make the brake lights to on! One of the brake, they are switched on is completely intact malfunctioning... On leave Next week and I press the brake switch ( it did n't know at... Know if the headlights turned on dans vos paramètres de vie privée et notre Politique relative à la privée... How to Fix a brake light problem, is it still possible that sound is from navy. Sound is from the head gasket is bad so it turns all 3 brake stay! The navy on leave Next week and I press the brake switch pushes is... So brake lights stay on too my brothers coming home from the head gasket 2010 Traverse would. 1.8 engine ) sedan dans vos paramètres de vie privée the blue plastic piece that brake... And it would n't work underneath the rubber of the brake, they are switched, and I. Think of why the brake light switch electric connectors into the light system the car privée notre! This Video we Showing How to Fix a brake light switch la vie privée et notre Politique relative cookies... Technical, Maintenance and Modifications > electrical > when headlights are off and I press the brake lights issue been... Light switch and the brake pedal switch, but the difference is.. It seems that turning on the brake lights to stay on when I put the right in... On!!!!!!!!!!!!!...