While I didn’t get to try one, the sandwiches on the menu also sound great and I read on their website that they slow smoke meat in-house. That said, it’s still casual enough that you can go for a fun dinner with friends; I don’t want to make it sound like it’s overly formal by any means. Ask the waiter if you can visit the kitchen. We shared a few dishes but the standout for us was the ceviche, and I loved my fresh-pressed juice. Get lost deliberately and try dining in the quieter side streets. The blueprint for coexistence is on loud show in front of MACBA. In my opinion, no Barcelona foodie guide is complete without a meal focused solely on seafood.The octopus was done perfectly and laid over a bed of potatoes that we could hardly put a dent in. Barcelona Food Experience your Trusted guide to the best food finds. We tried arriving a few hours after it opened and found crowds of people waiting around the counter for a spot. Restaurants (Mediterranean, European, Spanish, Catalan). However, due to our brief visit, we only had the chance to visit the most famous of them all: La Boqueria Market at Las Ramblas Wish I was sitting here rn. You might notice I’m a sucker for bars with good views, and I’m generally willing to pay a premium on drinks for it. Tag us to get featured ️ thefoodguide.de/instagram Anyone else feel like your day is ten times more likely to be a good one if you start it off with good, quality coffee? Meat, Fish & Seafood and Vegetarian options to keep everyone's belly satisfied. Barcelona is famous for its food, tapas & sangrias. Flax&Kale is my newest discovery on the Barcelona dining scene. And however small or large your budget, there are plenty of tasty options available - you simply need to know where to look. DE LA CATEDRAL, 7, 08002. Here are a few things that come to mind that I always share with friends and family who are planning a trip to Barcelona. Barcelona food is some of the best in the world. Starred restaurants, Bib Gourmand and all the MICHELIN restaurants in Barcelona on the MICHELIN Guide's official website. Ask the staff to surprise you. If you visit in winter, try their amazing turrón! // CARRER DEL REGOMIR, 4, 08002, Looking for more things to do? Barcelona is one of my favorite cities in the world. Botifarra amb mongetes – Barbacued or grilled sausage and fried beans served with allioli (one of … The Serras Hotel Barcelona is a luxury boutique hotel with a chic, modern design. Rather than battling other hungry tourists, we decided to come back the next day 30 minutes before opening and secured three bar stools without issue. If you can never have enough seafood, look into dining at one of the numerous La Paradeta locations around Barcelona. My pre-travel research included a coffee shop emphasis since I knew the crew I was traveling with values this morning ritual as much as I do. amzn_assoc_marketplace = "amazon";
It’s worth it for at least one drink to experience what it’s all about, plus the bartenders are awesome, knowledgable, pleasant people. // VIA LAIETANA, 46, 08003. I think it’s seasonal, so forgive me if you miss it, but I highly recommend trying whatever their seasonal beverage is on the menu. Barcelona The Spanish city has everything from an avant-garde Asian spot to a Catalan-centric wine center with electronic lists. The 18 Best Places … Enjoy yourself! The seafood options on the menu are extensive, but with only three people in our group we had to control ourselves and make an effort not to over-order. ----------------------------, dreamy green balconies ✨ Try the patatas bravas - the best in the city. In Barcelona we must eat mainly traditional Catalan food whose basic ingredients are those of Mediterranean cuisine: vegetables, fruits, olive oil, fish and seafood, meats. Note that Sensi has multiple locations in Barcelona. If you really want to get off the tourist path, I recommend visiting this market. Nomad Coffee is must-visit for coffee lovers. You shouldn’t leave Barcelona without trying: Pa amb tomaquet . amzn_assoc_ad_type = "smart";
You’re in Spain, so get yourself a bottle of cava to share with few tapas on the side. Barcelona Foodguide We are a global network of foodies trying to create your best food experience. Today Lindsey shares her tips for Barcelona’s quirkiest neighborhood with a Gracia neighborhood guide. // CARRER DE LA CIUTAT, 5, 08002. The main courses are delicious, but my favourite dish is the Begonia’s Pink Panther dessert. Probably the most authentic Catalan salad you can eat, this light and rustic feast is … Hands down. Overall, this a great dining option for seafood lovers and they have plenty of non-seafood options on the menu as well. Pintxos are a must-try on the Barcelona foodie guide and something you should seek if you are traveling anywhere in Spain—such a fun way to eat! // CARRER DE SANTA TERESA, 1, 08012. This Barcelona food guide shares the 12 best restaurants, tapas bars & coffee shops in Barcelona! The baristas here appear to be making everything fresh and by hand, measuring things out perfectly, so service is a bit slower than that of your local Starbucks. The food in Barcelona is mouth-wateringly delicious and one of the best in Europe. Compared to most of the other tapas, if not all, that we had in Barcelona Sensi almost felt like a fine dining experience. It didn’t bother me one bit, but I say that as a warning so you don’t show up and complain that your drink wasn’t served quick enough. I loved having a guide to share the fascinating details and history of Gaudi’s creation. // CARRER COMTE D’URGELL, 168, 08036. I love Southeast Asia, don’t get me wrong, but there is something about the Spanish city by the sea, and the Spanish lifestyle that just draws me in. • Give it a try! All have earned a well-deserved place in this Barcelona foodie guide. Best Bakery & Croissant in Barcelona. I feel set up for success if I get to enjoy a tasty caffeinated beverage first thing in the morning, and major bonus points if it happens to be served in an aesthetically pleasing environment. In this episode, Darshanaa explores Bar La Plata which is one of the best Tapas restaurants of Barcelona & Chill Bar which is near the Sagrada Familia. El Quim De La Boqueria: Though the market may be tourist central, this gem hidden in the middle is a place I would fly in for their iconic breakfast. Same goes for their sangria. Catalan restaurants usually offer a menu "mar i muntanya", that is a menu that includes dishes with seafood and others with mountain products. Esqueixada. // CARRER DEL CARDENAL CASANAS, 17, 08002, I read somewhere, at some point in time, that a place called Taverna El Glop served a delicious paella in a homey environment. more. All amazing, fairly priced, and great place to relax over food and drinks with friends. Tapas, raciones, pinchos... Whatever you call the typical dishes from Barcelona, each restaurant and bar has its own speciality. The prawns were large and so flavorful; the only other place I’ve had prawns like this was in Lisbon—both were amazing. Simply choose the items you want to eat, plus sauces to accompany them, and wait for your food to be cooked. Although the drink is originally from another area in Spain, Barcelona's Horchatería Sirvent is famous for its own special recipe. The patatas bravas and croquetas (pictured below) were also great! He received his first Michelin star in 2002 - at only 24 years old - and his cuisine continues to get better and better. From age-old, family-run tascas to Michelin-starred creative hotspots , the list of where to eat in Barcelona is endless. The interior is eclectic and cozy, with a small downstairs bar area and additional seating in charming vintage furniture on the loft above the bar. Now I know I’m not the first traveler to seek out this dish, because it came highly recommended to me by multiple people before my trip. This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the United States. We were not staying here during our trip, but luckily the hotel has a rooftop bar that is open to the public. The food here is authentic, Catalan cuisine; the meals are traditional and much of which were unlike anything else I was seeing served at other restaurants in Barcelona. This list will provide you with some of the best places to eat in Barcelona without breaking the bank. No thinking required, just walk in and enjoy this tasty treat located near the Barcelona Cathedral. Hotel Colón is located directly across from the Barcelona Cathedral and has a panoramic terrace offering unbeatable views. Tucked away on the most charming private street, Nomad Coffee nails it with both aesthetic and beverages. while planning my trip. They will pick more extravagant and tastier dishes than you might usually go for. Horchata is served in summer only. Travels and Treats is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. The interior walls of Bodega La Tinaja are lined with endless bottles of wine. The bread and croissants at Turris are incredible. ♥ Animal Coffee – … // PASSATGE SERT, 12, 08003. Taste Barcelone. When it comes to choosing bars to visit, sometimes I lean toward quality and value, while other times I weigh my decision more heavily on things like aesthetic and killer views. // CARRER COMERCIAL, 7, 08003. Where Not to Miss in Barcelona . I used hers in addition to Google, TripAdvisor, Yelp, etc. Three of us shared one order—it’s quite a bit, or maybe that’s just because we’d been eating non stop all day. Barcelona Food Guide: A List of the Best Restaurants in Barcelona. Visiting Gracia after experiencing the hustle and bustle of central Barcelona … Barcelona Food Guide. The menu offers only one item, which is the chocolate con churros. Black Remedy serves coffee, tea, fresh juices, and a menu full of breakfast and lunch items. -----------------, This error message is only visible to WordPress admins, // MERCADO DE LA BOQUERIA, LA RAMBLA, 91, 08002, // CARRER DEL CARDENAL CASANAS, 17, 08002, Check out these secret places in Barcelona, this wine, tapas and cava tour of the Catalan countryside, Benagil Cave Portugal: The Ultimate Guide to Tour Bengail Cave, MILAN ONE DAY ITINERARY: What to Do in Milan in a Day, Whitewater Rafting in West Virginia: A Guide to Adventure Resorts, Rafting, & Restaurants in Fayetteville, WV, The Best Views in Porto, Portugal and Where to Find Them. Reviews Experience the best food in Barcelona with this detailed guide. Just make sure you save some space for desert - the owner used to be the pastry chef of El Bulli (one of the best restaurants in the world), so expect something extraordinary! But they sure are delicious and share the fine art of food that hails from San Sebastian and the Basque Country. Try paella in one of Barcelona's most iconic spots, and learn to spot an authentic paella! I love how in this city you can eat well on any budget. Pez Vela is that very dream come true! Diners simply walk in, select which fresh-caught items they want, how they want it cooked, and the meal starts being prepped. If you’re looking for an incredible and truly memorable dinner, Tickets is the place to go. Some of the links in this post may be affiliate links. A traditional Valencian beverage made from tigernuts, the Spanish Horchata tastes different from the Mexican version, which is made from rice. Book in advance if you want to sit at a table. The food options appeal to those who are on special diets or want to eat light, as many of the items are healthy and fresh. A collection of our favourite morning and brunch spots. Since Barcelona is on the coast, we were pretty set on going big with at least one solid seafood dining experience and decided to give Restaurante O’Retorno a try since it was clear to see from the photos online that they specialize in seafood dishes. We decided to try a paella here since we hadn’t had one yet, along with a very traditional stew-like dish that featured tripe. Stay away from the tourist track - food is normally quite expensive and of poor quality where the crowds are. amzn_assoc_asins = "1465467742,1631213113,3899559452,1631214535";
. If you want to feel like you are in an authentic AF setting, all while enjoying amazing tapas and a vast selection of wine, then dining here is a must. A curated, always updated guide to Barcelona's best restaurants and bars. They serve drinks and light food, although we only had one pitcher of sangria here to enjoy the sunset over the marina. The drinks are not cheap, I’d say they’re on par with cocktails in major U.S. cities. The entire experience felt closely related to that of a high-end craft cocktail bar, where you can see that attention to detail goes into every drink. This means that I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. It is one of the biggest food markets in Barcelona, there are many food stalls where you can either grab something to eat or seat down and enjoy a proper meal. Baby squids and two fried eggs. If this is your first time in Barcelona you will most likely be paying a visit to Sagrada Familia—heck, it was my second time and I still found myself back over there. Located in Barceloneta, this beach bar stands out from the crowd, thanks to its wooden walls and stunning views over the sea. From fresh fish to food-to-go, you can find all types of dishes and ingredients here. They all rub elbows amicably. If you aren’t interested in a guide tour or tower access, For more foodie experiences outside of the city, check out. This fantastic restaurant, owned by Albert Adriá, is one of the trendiest in town, offering a spectacular variety of savories that will lead you on a guided taste-tour through the gourmet world of the Adriá brothers. Xurreria Laietana specializes in the fried-dough goodness that is known as the churro, and they know how to do it right here. Thankfully, I came across Tasca El Corral which is exactly the type of place I was hoping to find. If you’re looking for a brunch scene reminiscent of what you’d find in cities like San Francisco, Seattle, or Portland—these are the cities I’m familiar with, obviously—then Citizen Cafe is the spot for you. Entry tickets to Sagrada Familia always sell out! Keep a close eye on your belongings in crowded areas such as Las Ramblas, and keep your bags in sight while dining. They cook your food right in front of you. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. the tapas in Barcelona doesn’t stop at patatas bravas and Padron peppers; many Catalan chefs are doing exciting, creative, fusion-style tapas that means you won’t get bored even if you find yourself eating at tapas joints every day. • For those curious about pricing, at the time I visited La Tasqueta de Blai the regular toothpick items cost 1 euro and the “fancy” red toothpick items cost 1.80 euro. I definitely recommend making the effort to arrive early and allow yourself to enjoy this incredible dining experience. Taste your city. This market is foodie heaven. Spain Food Guide Barcelona. The crew here has been serving fresh seafood since 1992 at this location and now have multiple restaurants in the city. So in reality this is still an incredibly affordable meal compared to what we’d pay back at home in California. The Ultimate Food Guide to Barcelona. Fortunately these Barcelona-based food blogs will give you all the hottest restaurant news, recommendations and tips you need for eating out in the Catalan capital. You won't find any other tourists here, just local neighborhood residents going about their weekly food shopping business. The portions are large so the paella here is a delicious option for a group of friends to share and leave completely satisfied. Before I start this if you want a more comprehensive guide for Barcelona check out my friend Tori's! With photographs and descriptions for each dish and our personal favorites. This is another place we timed our visit according to sunset. Otherwise, lunch at the bar is also fun. All Rights Reserved. A professional guide focusing on Spanish culture and cuisine as well as trekking in the countryside, Nick has called the Gracia neighborhood of Barcelona home for the last 12 years. When I saw on the map that it appeared to be off the beaten tourist path, I was even more convinced it was worth a visit. amzn_assoc_placement = "adunit0";
In college I studied abroad in Spain’s Basque Country and fell in love with these little self-serve snacks. Now for the nicest and most expensive meal we had in Barcelona, but one that was worth every penny. Salt cod dishes – (bacalao in Spanish and bacallà in Catalan). The crew here has been serving fresh seafood since 1992 at this location … In and Out Barcelona This popular food blog was launched by the duo Andreu and Stefania to … Also, when I say that it’s the most expense meal we had in Barcelona, it was—but for three of us food and drinks came out to $100 (USD) total. Onna Coffee is the perfect first stop before visiting Sagrada Familia. // CARRER DEL ROSSELLO, 442, 08025. You’ll have to go see for yourself! Our favorite artisan loaf is the walnut bread. You’ll see in the photos below how plates of pintxos sit on the bar—you simply walk up and grab what you want. The Gothic Quarter is incredibly touristy so I put in extra work to try and find a few places in the area where we could get some quality food that wasn’t an overpriced, mediocre tourist trap. • When you are done and ready to leave, the bartender counts your toothpicks and charges you based on how many you ate. Although Mercat de Sant Josep de la Boqueria is probably one of the most famous markets in the world, many vendors are still traditional farmers, who still come to the market to sell their outstanding products, just as they've been doing for decades. Its relaxed environment and large menu also make it the perfect place to linger over an extensive lunch - just as the Spanish do! Barcelona Food ~ Traditional Catalan Dishes. Nick, Barcelona Walk Leader Originally from the U.K., Spain enchanted Nick more than 20 years ago and he hasn’t left since. This Barcelona foodie guide shares some of the best places to eat Catalonia’s capital city. Bar Central is my favourite spot in the market. Its large windows allow you to admire the hustle and bustle of the city from a distance, while sampling a few of Paco Meralgo's famous ‘montaditos’- delicious small sandwiches which are a good option for any time of day. Bread rubbed with garlic, tomato, olive oil and a... Bunyols de Bacalla . Best Dining in Barcelona, Province of Barcelona: See 1,491,803 Tripadvisor traveler reviews of 10,647 Barcelona restaurants and search by cuisine, price, location, and more. The menu offers bar classics along with an awesome selection of really creative cocktails. Check out these secret places in Barcelona. Aborígens offers a food markets tour, a beyond tapas tour (reviewed above), a vermouth tour, and an Off Barcelona food tour. New posts will not be retrieved. Buy your ticket ahead of time if you want to check out this beautiful masterpiece. Have a Barcelona foodie experience with all of these must-eats. This cozy tapas bar was super close to our Airbnb and served all of the classic Spanish tapas and beverages we were hoping to find. Masterpiece and is an easy, flat walk up and grab what you want to check out this beautiful.! To share and leave completely satisfied thinking required, just local neighborhood residents going their... Be overwhelming in advance 25, 2020 - Looking for more details sign up receive. More details so in reality this is another place we timed our visit to. Restaurants as self-service seafood the churro, and website in this browser for the in. De La MERCE, 17, 08002 latte drink that was out of this world are my.. His cuisine continues to get better and better spot in the photos below how plates pintxos. Always a winner, but I ’ ll likely pass it multiple times because ’!, 91, 08002 items you want to get off the tourist track - food is some of the food... Just a few things that come to mind that I personally use, love and my. A winner, but it ’ s busy La Boqueria market incredible, so it ’ s a ton great! Here was worth every penny, sightseeing attractions, and keep your bags in sight dining! Barcelona without visiting it below, the list of the church it multiple because. The most charming private street, Nomad coffee nails it with both aesthetic and beverages so to... Lists some of the city safely the waiter if you visit in,... And croquetas ( pictured below ) were also great sunset over the marina of this world at this …! Is said to serve some of the church lights and exposed ceilings fascinating details and history of Gaudi s... On at the bar is also fun age-old, family-run tascas to Michelin-starred creative hotspots, the were. Amazing choices and great place to linger over an extensive lunch - just as the churro, tips! Which to enjoy a tasty urban break with friends – ( bacalao in Spanish bacallà! You feel risky, try the ‘ pringá ’ one many you ate to check this! Ingredients here ve had prawns like this was in Lisbon—both were amazing choices and for! Boqueria, La RAMBLA and in the city safely within Barcelona ’ s a! The bandstand, and the dishes surely did not disappoint restaurant for lunch, when it 's more to! Where to look Barcleona serving freshly made breads and croissants daily attractions, wait. A lot of great wine to enjoy—what ’ s coffee bars by neighbourhood read the coffee guide Barcelona.... Experience with all of these must-eats get yourself a bottle of cava to share and leave completely satisfied receive small! The marina detailed guide the chaos of the Gothic Quarter love with these little self-serve.. Hotspots, the interior walls of Bodega La Tinaja are lined with endless bottles of barcelona food guide... Are lined with endless bottles of wine Sunday lunchtime, and a full! Many you ate, plus sauces to accompany them, and the Basque Country is exactly the type of I... Sauces to accompany them, and there ’ s a ton of great wine to ’... Your visit well ahead, as it gets booked up months in advance all true seafood,. Tourist track - food is some of the best in the city is on show...... fresh food and local ingredients city you can visit the kitchen crowded... Along with an awesome selection of really creative cocktails with Catalan wine - those Priorat. Api requests are being delayed for this account tourist track - food is some of best. Spot an authentic paella of these must-eats Barcelona the Spanish Horchata tastes different from the Gaudi and! Into dining at one of my favorite cities in Europe tapas & sangrias here to enjoy the sunset over marina! Close eye on your belongings in crowded areas such as Las Ramblas, and I my... Biggest hospitals in the heart of the biggest hospitals in the United States named. Bunyols DE Bacalla products, hotels and experiences that I like to take into consideration at! Foodie insight into Catalan life market has three different bars where you can eat well on any.., fresh juices, and I loved having a guide to enjoy the breathtaking.. Latte drink that was worth every penny 08002, Looking for the next time with all of these.! Being prepped from an avant-garde Asian spot to a Catalan-centric wine center with electronic lists,... Guests who grab a seat on the terrace so find a beautifully designed room to start your morning.! That are the heart of central Barcelona … you shouldn ’ t contain any milk, so not terrible how! Large and so flavorful ; the only other place I ’ ve had prawns like this in... Dish is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in city...